Friends of Hit the Streets on MLK (FHSMLK) is a group of people and organizations bringing together the Judkins Park community to create a youth art installation honoring the late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.
|North is at bottom of this aerial view of the artwork site|
If you’re interested in getting involved or have ideas, email FHSMLK@gmail.com.
- Summer 2014: Outreach and planning initiated.
- September 2014: Steering committee created, begins meeting (participation by neighborhood residents, Thurgood Marshall Elementary School staff and PTA, Coyote Central staff, and others).
- October 2014: Grant request submitted to Seattle Department of Neighborhoods.
- November 2014: Grant approved!
- Feb. 1, 2015: Call for Artists posted on Coyote Central website
- Feb. 6, 2015: Forum to gather ideas for the youth art project is a feature of a Community Celebration of Thurgood Marshall's legacy, hosted by Northwest African American Museum.
...stay tuned for more developments